Koalas were one of the most badly affected animals in Australia’s latest bushfires. In total, an estimated 1 billion animals were killed and among those, one-third of the koala population in New South Wales. With the purchase of a Koala Bracelet, you plant 1 tree in Australia and you also finance koala conservation in New South Wales.
- Every bracelet purchased funds 1 planted tree in Australia and finances awareness content on social media.
- An additional 10% of the profits go to a non-profit organization, Friends of the Koala.
- Gemstones and stainless-steel pendant.
- Easy to wear.
- Unisex, waterproof design.
- One size fits all: women, men or children.
- 100% adjustable – wrist size: 13-23 cm in circumference.
- Comes in a cotton bag.
- Includes a tree planting certificate.
PLANT & PREVENT
Keeping trees alive is as important as planting new ones. This is why we finance awareness videos on social media, to show people what we can do to minimise the impact of deforestation in our everyday lives. Along with financing tree planting projects, we also finance the protection of our newly planted trees.
Australia is the only place where koalas live.
Around 5,000 koalas in New South Wales have died in bushfires.
Australian bushfires in 2019
“Since European settlement, approximately 80% of the koala’s natural habitat has been cleared. Of the remaining 20%, little is protected and most occurs on fragmented privately-owned land.”
– Friends of the Koala
Injured koala receiving help
The bushfires in 2019 caused absolute devastation for koala population in Australia. Koalas are especially susceptible to the bushfires because they reproduce slowly. Each female can produce just one joey each year.
Unfortunately, it seems that the situation will scarcely improve without additional help. The likelihood of extinction of koalas in New South Wales has increased, because koalas barely keep their numbers up before the next bush fire occurs.
Remaining koala populations and their habitat, need to be protected urgently. By purchasing a koala Bracelet, you are joining our conservation efforts for koalas.
HAND-ASSEMBLED IN SLOVENIA, CREATING JOBS FOR THE LOCALS ALL OVER THE WORLD
Purchasing a Treecelet bracelet does more than just plant trees. Our bracelets are hand-made in Slovenia by mothers that take care of their children at home. This way, they can work from home and raise our most precious gold – children. Are children not one of the main reasons to preserve nature?